The mission of AMHK is the representation, promotion, professionalization and preservation of our collective cultural heritage.
Our goal is to help and support our museums and cultural heritage institutions both internally and externally. With over 20 members, we always put the public interest of our members first.
“Preserve cultural heritage, it defines the national identity of a country”
- Promoting of the museums and heritage institutions among the members and the public (local and international).
- Promoting professionalism and quality among the members.
- Representing the interests of our members with, stakeholders and international contacts;
- Advising new emerging museums in the field.
Core tasks of AMC
- Organizing the annual Member Meeting;
- Initiating the annual International Museum Day, May 18th;
- Holding at least four board meetings per year.
- Organizing two professionalization events per year;
- Organizing inter-museum activities;
- Promoting our members in the Media, social media and on our website;
- Supporting and advising our members and emerging museums.
Lida has been a board member since 2017 and is the collections manager of NAAM.
Migali has been board member since 2017 and is the director of Museo Kai Orgel.
Esther de Sola-Pijl
Esther has been a board member since 2017 and is the founder of the Children’s Museum Curaçao.
Jennifer has been a board member since 2017 and is part of Landhuis Bloemhof.
Karel has been a board member since 2017 and is the founder and director of the Postmuseum Curaçao.
Zwhendeline is a new Board member since 2023 and is the director of the Vikto Bartholomeus Museum
Damaris is a new Board member since 2023 and is the manager of the Museo kas di Pal’I Maishi